wondering about God?
Wherever you are on your spiritual journey, whether you're just beginning to investigate Christianity or you already have a mature relationship with Jesus Christ, we're here to help you take the next steps spiritually and encourage you along the way.
Let's say you are at square one. How do you go about this all-important task of connecting with God? Here are some practical suggestions:
Things to Remember Before You Start
A lot of thought and planning goes into a trip before you leave. It’s no different with your spiritual journey. Here are a few things to think about before you begin.
· Know your presuppositions: the things you already believe — and try not to let them interfere with your quest to connect with God.
· Know your personal issues: your past can profoundly influence your present ability to be objective.
· Stay open: fear of commitment and change can keep you from finding the truth.
· You don't have to know everything to know something: so don’t wait until you have it all figured out before you take the next step with God.
Directions for the Journey
When you make a trip, it is wise to map out how to get to where you are going. Here are a few directions to help you find your way on your spiritual journey.
· Ask God to reveal Himself even if you're not sure He's there. Find a place that lends itself to a conversation with God and begin talking with Him.
· Read the Bible — start with the New Testament books of John, Acts, and Romans and use a reader friendly translation (New International Version, New Living Translation, etc.). Write down your questions, and take them to a knowledgeable Christian who understands where you are on your journey.
· Talk to people who display a genuine relationship with God — those who obviously love Him and have been changed by Him.
· Keep a journal of your thoughts and feelings. Use it to evaluate your progress on your spiritual journey.
· Try to Reach a Conclusion based on your findings
· Act on what you decide.
Now you are ready to take the next step on your spiritual journey...
If you have questions about the existance of God, click here: FAQ's
If you have questions about the reliability of the Bible, click here: B-I-B-L-E
If you have questions about how to connect with God, click here: How Can I have a Relationship with God?
If you have questions about Baptism, click here: Baptism.
If you still have questions about this whole spiritual journey, click here: Still Have More Questions???
If you want to read the personal testimonies of other people, click here: Jesus Makes The Difference
If you would like to speak with a minister or have further questions, Please call the Church Office 540-362-0613